Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Busy

Yes, I rode to work today.

And . . .


I wasn't the only one! Coop, if you happen to stop by, that's the white Ninja 650 I mentioned in an earlier blog. I certainly think the new Ninja 300 is plenty of bike, but I doubt that comes as a surprise. I spoke with the owner the other day. She's plenty happy with it and that's what really matters.

My Toyota Yaris managed to find its way to a repair shop. I wasn't happy with the place I had been taking it. It just didn't feel right, but I really didn't have another place to take it vividly in mind. I suspect this was the main reason I acknowledged the warning signs something was going wrong, but didn't take action. I'll pay the price for that.

A friend at work suggested Marty's Auto Repair. He knew them and called forward to let them know I would be coming. The place has the feel of an old time shop with all the newest equipment, a face to face kind of place. We arranged for the car to be towed in and off I went to get the new brake pads put on the Kymco. When it rains ....

I'm taking tomorrow off. I suspected I'd be wiped out from dealing with the car. And I am. The anxiety of
going to bed last night without having a firm plan of action certainly didn't lead to a good night's sleep. Fatigue is not my friend.

The good news is I suspect all that's wrong with the Yaris is it needs a new battery and routine service. That said, I'll be happy when that is confirmed. And I will be even happier if my intuition is correct and Marty's is the kind of place a guy with a broken brain doesn't have to worry about being taken advantage of.

  • 81F/27C and calm with a few clouds for the ride to work.
  • 97F/36C (Heat Index of 111F/44C) for the ride home from Mike's. The new brake pads make a difference.

1 comment: