Thursday, August 28, 2014

Cooler

Yes, I rode to work today.

And . . .

The car is fixed and more importantly it appears I've found the equivalent of Mike for my car.


It is a small family owned business.


Old school, but with all the modern diagnostic tools. It turned out I was right. It was the battery. Now it's been serviced, has a new battery, my insurance paid for the tow, and I'm set up with a service place which appears trustworthy. Nice.


I, also, sighted one very large flamingo.

Today, the commute was a little bit cooler.


It is more and more obvious the days are getting shorter.


Last evening it rained quite hard. I had a meeting and I was grateful to be back in my car.


On my morning walk-about I saw folks out and about enjoying the change in the temperature.

The evening brought more rain, but it was much more scattered than last evening. I experienced just cloudiness on the way home. Where Heather was it rained quite heavily.


I'm still surprised to see this empty patio. During the years of my commuting on evenings like this even with the threat of rain in the air this patio would be full. A couple weeks ago, suddenly, the Japanese restaurant which had been there for years, closed. For the first week every evening I would see people going to the door only to find it locked. I have no idea what the story is and probably never will. I just know the patio really looks sad to be empty.

  • 73F/23C with patchy fog for the ride to work.
  • 90F/32C and cloudy for the home ride.

2 comments:

  1. Hooray for finding a reliable shop for the car. I bet that eases the mind a bit.

    Nice find on the flamingo too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you found a good mechanic. I always love the flamingo pics!

    ReplyDelete